About Quaker Worship
It is in silence that we still our hearts and minds so that the Spirit of God may enter. This silencing, this waiting in expectancy, this listening for that which is deepest within—this is what Friends call worship. We seek a gathered stillness in our meetings for worship so that all may feel the power of God’s love leading us and drawing us together. IMYM Faith and Practice Advices on Worship
The Monthly Schedule at Flagstaff Friends Meeting
- Meeting for Worship: Sundays at 10:00 AM
- Potluck Lunch: Second Sunday at 11:30 AM, following the rise of meeting
- Meeting for Business: Third Sunday at 11:30 AM, following the rise of meeting
- NOTE: March Meeting for Business has beeen changed to March 29, 2015
About Verde Valley Friends Worship Group
- Meeting place: 633 N 5th Street, Cottonwood, AZ
- Meeting time: 10 AM to 11 AM
- When: The 2nd and 4th Sundays of Each Month
- Contact Charlie Rawson for more information
- Phone: 928.274 2345
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Retreat for Flagstaff Friends Meeting: Living Our Life Out Loud as Friends
As Quakers we reach outward as the inward Spirit moves us. During our retreat, we will explore such queries as:
- What are our values?
- What makes it important to be a Quaker in the world today?
- How do our lives speak?
Our Retreat Leader: Jamie Leopold
Jaimie has worked with people in faith communities, education, social services, business, and government for over 30 years. She is a Courage and Renewal Facilitator and leads retreats across Arizona with a specific leading to bring her knowledge to her own Quaker community. Jamie was our retreat facilitator last year.
- Friday, April 3 from 5–8 PM
- 5 PM – Potluck
- 6–8 PM – Retreat
- Flagstaff Friends Meetinghouse
- Saturday April 4 from 9 AM - 4 PM
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Retreat
- Potluck lunch
- Jean Libby's home (driving instructions available)
- Cost: $10 donation, if able
What Jaimie teaches on Friday will serve as a base for the Saturday retreat, so we encourage all to come Friday evening. However, we know this can be difficult for some, so even if you cannot come Friday evening, please join us on Saturday.
We invite the Verde Valley Worship Group to join us. If you need hospitality for Friday night, please contact Steve Finger at 928-607-5725
Navigation Directions: All links open in new windows. After reviewing information or photos in the new window, close that window to return to the Flagstaff Friends Meeting Web Site.